Fancy Thank You Card

Today I am going to briefly tell you how to make a card shaped like a matchbook, but not tiny, like a real matchbook.
First start out with a rectangle that is 3 5/8" x 8".   Fold in half matching the short ends and then score another parallel fold line, 1/4" next to your 1st fold line.


Here I have already scored, folded and opened back up the card.  I then took a piece of decorative paper that was 3 1/4 " wide by 3 1/2 " tall, and adhered it to my card front.


Next a took and cut our a decorative shape of paper from white cardstock.  When ever you want to use a shape and have it completely covered with enameled embossing powder, cut the shape out first!  The embossed enamel will stick to your die!
You will see the finished piece below..but for now on to the next step.


To make the matchbox closure, take a decorative border about 3/4" tall and decorate to your liking. I used eyelets and decorative border punches.
You will see the final product in a couple more pics..but for now on to the next step.


Here I have taken a piece of chip board and have embossed the front with Cotton candy.  While the enamel was still drying, I quickly used a stylus to carve some of the enamel off.  The final result?  It leaves white marks wherever you have etched off the enamel, pretty cool, eh?


Here is my card front:  The embossed red is called CABLE CAR RED.  The GRATITUDE ticket stamp is from the GRATITUDE stamp set.


I love the way that COTTON CANDY heart looks!



For the inside...I precut 2 scalloped circles.  I want to emboss them and make a ladybug, but remember, I said to be sure and cut your decorative shapes out BEFORE embossing.


Here is the ladybug on the inside of the card...isn't she cute??  I used the FLOWERS stamp on her wings and the HEART border from the GRATITUDE stamp set.  The THANKS sentiment is also from the GRATITUDE stamp set.


Ladybug close-up.


I love the way this looks, and see the bottom border, you tuck the card front behind that to close and open the card.


Here is one last look at the card.  I love playing with these stamps and powders, it is pure FUN!.


I hope you have enjoyed this fun card, this has been Jeannie from The Polka CABANA with today's post!

Comments

Post a Comment