Decadence - The Breakdown of Morality

Hi Folks

For this month's theme - Decadence - Iv'e created a canvas with a sad message - "The Breakdown of Morality". A fun to do project although rather bleak in it's message.

 The canvas was made by painting it with black acrylic paint then crackle glaze then painting over the top with white.
Once crackled, I stamped the French Music stamp in patches to reflect the decadent style ie, deterioration etc., with clear embossing powder and added Primary Ebony Super Fine powder.
I also randomly stamped the Ebony powder along with Pearl Gold Sparkle around the edges of the canvas.

I added a picture from a Topper of a lady with shotgun and added some chain to the rifle shaft to add a bit of glitz.

I used a Butterfly outline stamp and Ebony Super Fine Powder for the main body and stamped onto Green cardstock then I added the centre of the Butterfly using Violet and Flourescent Tickled Pink powders.
The letters were added to the canvas from Alphabet stickers to finish.

Not a canvas that I would choose to have on my wall all the time but would be a good reminder of how things seem to be in this sad world that we sometimes live in. It was good fun to make though and a challenge that I normally wouldn't have thought about.  More cheerful projects to come in future I promise lol.

Products used:

French Music stamp
A Butterfly stamp - you could use the With Love stamp from WoW.
Primary Ebony Super Fine Powder
Pearl Gold Sparkle Regular
Flourescent Tickled Pink
Violet Regular

Comments