Anything but a Card....

Hi Everyone


This month at WOW HQ is 'Anything but a Card'

I have chosen to decorate an MDF house I purchased some time ago.  I started by painting it all in black then using the 'PVA Glue' technique to make the crackled look.  I  started by taking each side at a time and putting a medium layer of cheap PVA glue on it then covering it with a top layer of yellow acrylic paint.  I then heat set with a heat gun.  The PVA glue dries slower than the paint and so causes the paint to crack.  This is a great cheap alternative to the crackled paints you can get.  I then painted the base with green acrylic paint for the grass.

 After doing each side I then used the Cracked leather stamp (Don't put it on an acrylic block, use it in your hand so you can get only part of the stamp in areas giving a distressed look) with Versamark and heat set with Ebony embossing powder.  I then took the triangles and dots from Let it Snow stamp set, and flowers from Gratitude and Me collage and stamped onto heat resistant acetate, with Versamark and heat set with ebony embossing powder.  I then coloured on the reverse side with alcohol pens.  When cutting the acetate images out please leave a bit at the bottom to bend over to place glue onto it so it will 'stand up' on your project.  

I then decorated the house with real and melted embossing powder buttons using melt it.

Follow the link for all the products mentioned:
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Gorgeous art! Thanks for sharing the techniques too Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment