A Touch of Autumn


Hello crafty friends, how are we all? There have been some amazing projects for the triple embossing challenge this month and now it’s my turn. The textures you can achieve with this technique reminded me of cracked and dry autumn leaves so I decided to make a mini wreath.


I started by applying and then melting two layers of Oasis and one layer of Oceanic powder to white cardstock. I then re-melted a small area, pushed one of the Flights of Fancy Stamps into the molten powder then removed after a few seconds. I then cut out the leaf then repeated the process over the rest of the cardstock. 


I created more leaves using a different leaf stamp pressed into three layers of Perissa Powder then shaped each leaf with my fingers. I then die-cut leaves from orange cardstock and applied then melted three layers of Clear Gloss powder. Once they were cool I bent them to crack the layers. I attached all the leaves to a circular frame die-cut from Kraft card.


I used the Big Words Stamp and Bark powder to create a sentiment which I layered on orange cardstock then attached on the right-hand side. I then applied and melted two layers of Golden Flame then a layer of Unicorn Magic Powder to white cardstock then punched out small flowers from it.


I shaped the flowers with my fingers then dotted around the wreath and added gems in the centres for an extra touch of sparkle. 

I hope you like it, 

Here what Sarah’s used on her fab project.









Comments

  1. This wreath looks wonderful Sarah and the triple embossing gives a high gloss and a lovely deep pattern on those where a stamp has been pressed into it. The little flowers are very effective with the added gems and the sentiment works perfectly too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is stunning! A new technique for using my huge stash of embossing powders, thank you for sharing your beautiful project and how you created it Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment