(Almost) Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Hi everyone, Emma Godfrey here with an extra little project for this month's Heart topic.

I love making art that can be displayed in a frame, and this piece now has pride of place in my bedroom.


I cut out four hearts from some leftover scraps of painted background paper (I never throw anything away). I didn't have any heart dies, so I hand cut my hearts - I quite like the not perfect finish. I heat embossed the second largest heart using the WOW! Tropical stamp and WOW! Metallic Gold Rich Pale Super Fine embossing powder. I also covered the smallest heart with double sided tape and then covered it with WOW! Sparkles in Jade (see photos further down).


To create a simple background for my paper hearts, I took a sheet of book text and heat embossed hearts from the WOW! Layered Hearts stamp set, using the gold embossing powder from earlier and WOW! Clear Gloss Super Fine embossing powder.


I added a strip of double sided tape across the middle of the book text, and added more Sparkles before positioning the background in the picture frame mount.

I edged the hearts with some gold wax and then layered them up and glued them all in place.


Here's a close up of the final piece. I love how WOW! products can so easily jazz up leftover "rubbish" to make something so decorative. Hope you like it too!

Comments

  1. This looks beautiful in the frame Emma and I adore the prettily coloured and layered hearts and with the embossing on the hearts and in the background is just perfect. A great project to use up your bits and pieces. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant and beautiful "rubbish" if you ask me!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment